Youth Care Worker (Spanish-English Bilingual)
Leake and WattsYonkers, NY5 days ago
The unaccompanied Children Program provides temporary residential care and other supportive services to Unaccompanied Children (UC) who are under legal custody of the Federal Government. Working in collaboration with the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, our program provides a safe and nurturing environment for 49 youth in a Basic Shelter program located at our licensed residential facility in Yonkers, NY as well as a Transitional Foster Care Program for 40 youth in certified foster homes in the Bronx. In both programs, we provide therapeutic and educational services and other supports that youth need to achieve success through an array of strength-based and targeted interventions as well as link them with family members and/or other sponsors in the United States so they are able to move forward with their lives and thrive. The Youth Care Worker is responsible for providing direct services and performs various support tasks as part of the youth’s daily care.
- Provide supervision of all children in the program, ensuring their safety and wellbeing at all times.
- Utilize the therapeutic interventions techniques received during TCI training, and any other program related techniques.
- Maintains security in buildings, grounds, and other posts; intervenes during emergencies or crisis situations.
- Supervises movement of the youth inside and outside following the facility policy and procedures which includes taking periodic counts of youth.
- Monitors, supervise and participate with youth in various activities; (i.e., educational outings, recreational, faith based services, physical education classes etc.)
- Interacts critically and constructively with other staff members to develop and implement successful interventions techniques.
- Develops effective relationships with youth, co-workers, and team members.
- Assist youth with their personal issues and refers issues to the treatment team group in accordance with the principles of the program.
- Observes and keeps staff informed daily of significant behavioral conditions known about an individual and/or the group.
- Assists in preparing reports regarding each youth’s adjustment and progress.
- Cover lesson plans created by the POH Educational Coordinator, in the different classrooms of the program, as needed.
- Prepares log entries and reports in a timely manner.
- Escorts and/or transports youth to predetermined locations.
- Exercises judgment and discretion in the performance of duties within departmental rules, regulations, and policies.
- Weekend and evening shifts.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Implements the tenants of PBIS with the children (providing the explanation to the children of the PBIS model, ensuring recording of behaviors and distributing Gotchas.)
- Preferred – A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university within one or a combination of the following: Counseling, Criminal Justice, Education, Psychology, Sociology, or Social work
- One or more years of work experience in residential treatment program
- Two or more years of experience in a group work which involved direct care and interaction with youth such as YMCA , schools, recreational facilities, or residential care programs
- Preferred: Valid vehicle operator’s license, clean driving record
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- High School Diploma
Job ID: 2017-1168
of Openings: 5
External Company Name: Leake and Watts Services, Inc
External Company URL: (No Website Given)
Street: 463 Hawthorne Avenue
Post End Date: 10/16/2019